Wednesday 27 December 2017

Lewis Hamilton apologises after telling nephew in SnapChat "boy's don't wear princess dresses"


Formula One driver, Lewis Hamilton has apologised after being called out for telling his nephew on SnapChat that it was unacceptable for a boy to dress as female.
Lewis Hamilton shared a video of himself telling his nephew "boy's don't wear princess dresses" and this sparked outrage. He has now apologised on Twitter for any offence he caused after posting a Snapchat update on Christmas Day. He wrote, “Yesterday I was playing around with my nephew and realised that my words were inappropriate so I removed the post. I meant no harm and did not mean to offend anyone at all. I love that my nephew feels free to express himself as we all should.”




Hamilton continued: “My deepest apologies for my behaviour as I realise it is really not acceptable for anyone, no matter where you are from, to marginalise or stereotype anyone.”
“I have always been in support of anyone living their life exactly how they wish and I hope I can be forgiven for this lapse in judgement.”
The SnapChat video which sparked outrage showed Hamilton's nephew happily dressed up in a pink and purple princess dress while waving a wand.


The driver is then seen in the video saying: “I’m so sad right now…look at my nephew.”
Fans shared their disappointment over the video and Hamilton has since deleted the offending video.

No comments:

Post a Comment