Wednesday 16 August 2017

Daniel Craig confirms he will play James Bond again


He once said he would rather take his own life than reprise his role as 007. But Daniel Craig may now be regretting his words, as he has confirmed he will, for one final time, play James Bond. Speaking on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on US TV on Tuesday night, the actor finally put an end to the long-running saga of will he/won’t he play the character for a fifth time.
“I have been quite cagey about it. I have been doing interviews all day and people have been asking me and I think I’ve been rather coy. But kind of felt like if I was going to speak the truth I should speak truth to you.”
Asked by Colbert directly whether he could deliver some “good news” about returning as Bond, Craig finally replied: “Yes.”
He revealed he had known for a “couple of months”, adding: “We’ve been discussing it, we’ve just been trying to figure things out. I always wanted to, I needed a break.”
However, he was keen to reiterate it would indeed be his last outing as the lothario spy. “I think this is it. I just want to go out on a high note and I can’t wait,” he said.
It is not surprising news, as his return was first reported in July. However, Craig’s renewed enthusiasm for the role marks a change of mind after comments he made in 2015, following the release of Spectre.

No comments:

Post a Comment