Thursday 15 June 2017

Grenfell Tower: £1m Raised In 24 Hours

Rita Ora pictured

Strangers and celebrities including singer Rita Ora helped through the night to help get urgent supplies to the desperate Grenfell Tower fire victims as three appeals raised more than £1million in just 24 hours. Companies, individuals and charities sprang into action to help those in need of food, water, clothes and shelter after yesterday's fire in North Kensington, West London, which killed 17 people and left scores more injured.
Ora, 26, said on Instagram: 'This is my neighbourhood, I can't believe this is happening. My prayers are with everybody involved, my heart is beating so fast. I used to play in that block, I want to do all I can do to help.'
The former X Factor judge posted a video of herself among black sacks of donations, including clothes, water and food, at one of the help points. She also posted an image of the tower, and wrote 'RIP' on Snapchat.

No comments:

Post a Comment