Wednesday 12 October 2016

Mother of stillborn baby donates more than 2,000 ounces (60,000ml) of breast milk to other mothers


Wendy Cruz-Chan of Brooklyn, New York, who works as a lactation consultant in her company called Wendy’s Doula Services, lost her little boy Killian, three months ago. She decided to begin her “lactation journey” by donating 2,038 ounces of her breast milk to mothers who were unable to breastfeed their babies. Cruz-Chan posted photos of herself using the breast pumps to Instagram. She also added photos of the six children she helped with her breast milk.
She wrote: “Pumping every 3 to 4 hours a day including nights was very tiring, but it was so worth it. Seeing those babies thriving from my milk, really helped me through my healing process. I wanted to show that even after a tragic stillbirth, you can turn that into something positive and inspire those around you. Through my grief, I evolved and learned to pull myself out of the darkness.”
Cruz-Chan added that it is time for her to end her lactation journey and concentrate on getting her body ready for the next pregnancy. Cruz-Chan said that she will donate CuddleCots to the New York Methodist Hospital, and hopefully other hospitals in Killian's memory.
“All this for the unconditional love for my Killian in heaven. All this to break the silence of stillbirths,” she wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment