Sunday 25 September 2016

Man confesses to killing 7-year-old girl and having sex with her corpse


A 22-year-old man yesterday confessed to the Accra Central District Magistrate Court, Ghana to killing a seven-year-old girl at Ashaiman, near Tema, after which he had sex with the corpse. Lucas Agboyie, alias “Sympathy”, told the court that he strangled his victim after she had refused his advances and even begged him not to have sex with her. According to him, on the day of the incident, he had smoked marijuana, right after which he saw the girl passing by his house. He said
“It was a Sunday morning and after taking ‘ganja’, I saw the girl passing. I called her and sent her to go and bring me my towel that had been hung behind my house. On her return, I told her that I wanted to sleep with her but she refused.
“I held her hand and she began struggling with me. She begged and told me to let her go and started screaming. So I strangled her.
“I then took her to my room and slept with the body. Afterwards, I took the GH¢20 she had in her possession and used it to buy ‘ganja’,” he said.
 The victim’s mother, who was in court, could not hold back her tears as Agboyie made the confession. She had to be consoled by her family members who had accompanied her to the court. According to the prosecution, the search party believed that the girl had been killed for ritual purposes and demanded that Agboyie mention the name of the one who had hired him to commit the crime.
 “He insisted that he had killed the girl on his own volition. Dissatisfied, the residents started beating him and threatened to hand him over to an angry mob to lynch him,’’ the prosecutor said.
 He said Agboyie thereafter mentioned a man named Baba Ali as the one who had sent him to commit the act, after which he was handed over to the police. “When the police confronted him on the identity of his accomplice, Agboyie retracted his earlier statement and said he had acted alone. ‘’He said he had mentioned the name because of the beatings he received from the crowd and fear for his life,’
Agboyie has been charged with murder and is currently going through committal proceedings .


Source: GraphiconlineGhana


2 comments:

  1. I agree....raping a minor should lead to automatic castration

    ReplyDelete
  2. sleeping with the corpse? heartless

    ReplyDelete