Thursday 19 May 2016

How obese man dumped on Valentine's Day ditches fast food to shed 140 Kg and finds love again


An obese accountant who was dumped by his ex-girlfriend on Valentine's Day has found love again after shedding an amazing 140 Kg. Jason McDonald, 28, was jilted by his lover after his weight ballooned to 229 Kg through his love of fast food . He was even affectionately nicknamed 'Big Mac' because of the amount of burgers he wolfed down. But when his then partner ditched him and advised him to lose the pounds, Jason, from Stretford, Manchester vowed to cut out the junk food and went to the gym instead and began eating healthily.
Now two years on he weighs just 89 Kg and has started dating former schoolfriend Rebecca Bellanfante, 27.
Jason said: "Rebecca's been the best thing that has ever happened to me, besides losing all the weight.
"In fact losing 22 stone and the journey that I have embarked on as a whole have really helped me to gain confidence and belief in myself.





"It has taught me to have pride and love myself, it has taught me to be more patient and to have more self-control, that giving up is never the answer and that life doesn't get easier, we grow stronger.
Jason's weight rocketed through gorging on two extra large McDonald's meals with a side helping of 20 chicken McNuggets at mealtimes. He spent up to £16 on junk food twice each day, developed a 70 inch waist, 22 inch neck and a 62 inch chest. Doctors warned that if he didn't curb his dangerous dining habits, he was likely to develop type 2 diabetes. Eventually in February 2014 his girlfriend ditched him after they spent a Valentines weekend away in London.
"She told me she'd love to go on holiday, but that I was too fat to fly and that she would never dream of having children with somebody of my size. Looking back, I don't think she ever loved me.
"Losing weight has turned my life around. Rebecca has encouraged me to carry on working hard, and gave me tips and advice where she could.
"She was somebody who really listened to how I was feeling, and has never once judged me. Without a doubt, the biggest change in my life since losing weight is that I finally feel free."

3 comments: