Friday 25 March 2016

Guinness World Record woman with 55ft long dreadlocks finds love


Rasta Rapunzel with dreadlocks 55ft long and weighing 3st marries hairdresser she met online. Asha Mandela's new husband Emmanuel Chege devotes his time to her tresses, which are longer than a double-decker bus and take two days to wash and dry. Known as the Rasta Rapunzel, Asha Mandela’s locks are longer than a double-decker bus and weigh three stone.
Asha, 50, holds the Guinness World Record for the world’s longest dreadlocks. But doctors have warned her that she could end up paralysed due to the weight of her hair. Emmanuel, who has been a hair stylist for 15 years, met Asha online three years ago after seeing her photos on hair websites. He contacted Asha, and the pair met up while she was on a business trip to Emmanuel’s native Kenya eight months later
“It was so amazing to see all this amount of hair,” he recalled. “It was more than in my imagination.
“At first I thought maybe her locks were almost to her knees or to the ground, but the first glance when I saw her hair, it was so long, so it was so amazing and her beauty was so amazing too.”



A whirlwind romance followed and within a year of meeting they were married in Florida, where she lives.
Asha said: “My husband helps me with everything with my hair. I’m so spoilt since he’s been taking care of it and I’ve got totally lazy.
“He will massage my scalp, groom my hair or twist or wash it. He does a really good job of taking care of it so that’s a plus.”





Asha, who owns her own hair product business, was told by doctors her dreadlocks would paralyse her if she kept on growing them as the weight of her hair is affecting her back. Now Emmanuel is training her at the gym to strengthen her back muscles and Asha has already lost almost 5st. The couple now hope to have a “little Rasta baby” with Asha vowing “no comb is going to go on their head”.

No comments:

Post a Comment