Friday 23 October 2015

What a mother would do to make a child feel comfortable

Jessica wears a similar birthmark to her daughter's to make her feel comfortable

This devoted mum has reportedly been drawing a red lipstick on her face daily to make her daughter proud of the strawberry mark on her face. Jessica Sands, 24,  started drawing the red mark after watching a haemangioma (a collection of blood vessels under the skin that form a lump) grow on the face of her seven-month old daughter Madison. Although doctors confirmed the haemangioma is benign and will only need to be removed if it causes a problem to Madison's eyesight, Jessica worries that her daughter would grow up too embarrassed by her strawberry birthmark and has decided to draw a mark on herself to mirror Madison's.


Jessica uses a red lipstick daily to create the lookalike birthmark

Full time mum, Jess said: "I chose to draw a strawberry mark on my face to show Madison that when she gets older she should show hers off with pride.
"Wearing the mark makes me feel really proud like we are the same, she's not seen as different as I look the same as she does."
"The red mark I've put on my face will make her realize it's completely normal and that it doesn't change who she is a person so it shouldn't matter," she continued.
"When she's older I want to continue putting the mark on as she will be more aware that I'm supporting her.
"A lot of people stare at my daughter with disgust or concern when they see her strawberry mark.
"Madison is too young to know that she's being stared at but it will most likely be there when she's older."
"In my eyes there's nothing for her to be ashamed of, it's just a cosmetic difference," she continued.
"People have tattoos, piercings and even metal bars through their face so I don't see why they should be disgusted by something someone's born with.
"She's still the same beautiful daughter to me whether she has the strawberry mark on her face or not."
Jess from Wallasey, Merseyside, said: "At first it looked like a little scratch on her face and I didn't worry about it as babies get little marks all the time.
"Then over the following five months it continued to get bigger and bigger.
"Some people say that children with strawberry marks have been 'kissed by an angel' which I find really sweet."

Little Madison with her birthmark

Little Madison certainly isn't alone when it comes to birthmarks. A devoted dad reportedly got a tattoo of his deaf daughter's cochlear implant has warmed hearts of people worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment