Thursday 22 October 2015

Bride proves virginity to pastor father with a doctor's certificate on wedding day: A new trend?

Brelyn Freeman, the bride that went out of her way to prove her virginity

A bride sparked outrage after presenting her father with a gynecologist signed 'certificate of purity' on her wedding day to prove she was a virgin. Brelyn Freeman gave the framed document to her proud dad, who is a pastor, after walking down the aisle to marry gospel singer Tim Bowman, Jr. The certificate, given out at the wedding reception in front of guests, stated her ‘hymen is intact’ as well as citing a passage from the Bible.
Detailing her decision the new Mrs Bowman wrote on Instagram: “If one person has made a decision to wait until marriage or decide to stop & wait we have done our job.
“I was able to present a certificate of purity to [my father] signed by my doctor that my hymen was still intact.
“Also the covenant he gave me when I was 13.
"When you honour God, your life will automatically honour others.
“I love you daddy."
She signed off: “Let’s make Jesus famous!”


The picture of the certificate as posted on her Twitter page

Mrs Bowman gave to her father pastor Michael Freeman of the Faith Christian Church in Maryland the document, signed by her gynaecologist and herself, on October 10, the Mirror reports. It read:
“On the 10th of May 2006, I, Brelyn Freeman, made a vow to glorify God in my body and spirit which are God's because I have been bought with a price (Jesus).
“I have kept this commitment and present this certificate to my father Dr Michael A. Freeman to show how I have honoured God and my earthly father in my body by maintaining my purity and that my hymen is intact on this 10th day of October 2015.”
The passage on the certificate was from Corinthians 6:20.
“Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?” it asks.
“You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honour God with your bodies.
Afterwards Pastor Freeman said: “I was totally unaware of what was about to take place. During the remarks, she shared that she wanted to honour me by not allowing any man to touch her before her husband.”
He added all of his children had vowed they would save themselves for marriage, with his eldest daughter Brittany presenting him with a similar document at her wedding six years ago.
His son however was unable to abstain from sex before marriage.
He added: “It's not about what they did for me, rather what they did for themselves.”
The move led to criticism online with many finding it odd the bride shared intimate details of her sex life with her father and guests at the wedding.
Facebook user Dorian Biddle said : “Does she really need to show her father she is a virgin over the wedding dinner?
“Makes me wonder if the gynaecologist was sat at the top table.”
She added: “Is there no ends to what people do these days? Some things are best kept to yourself.”
Lou Ellen Partridge Doty wrote on Facebook: “I find it rather disturbing.
"I was a virgin on my wedding night, but that was between my husband and I.
"My father had nothing to do with it.”

I wonder why the groom did not provide a similar certificate (lol)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm.in a world where waiting is fast becoming a taboo .God bless the union

    ReplyDelete