Monday 19 October 2015

Botched dental treatment from an unlicensed beautician leaves mother without front teeth

Taylor lost her front teeth after the botched dental treatment

Kellie Taylor, 43, was reported to have ignorantly paid £65 for teeth whitening at a Lancaster beauty salon. She admitted she 'didn't even think about what could go wrong' after spotting the offer. Little did she know that rogue technician who was an unlicensed beautician  had no idea what she was doing - and what seemed like a good deal on paper would leave her without four of her front teeth.
It was reported that Natalie Kowalczyk, the alleged beautician who had no dental qualification, used a peroxide which weakened Ms Taylor's gums, leaving her dentist with no option but to pull her teeth out.
Kowalczyk was offering the treatment despite the law clearly tooth whitening must only be carried out by registered dentists, dental hygienists, dental therapists and clinical dental technicians working to the prescription of a dentist.


43-year-old Kellie Taylor

She has since admitted unlawfully practising dentistry, and been ordered to pay compensation to Ms Taylor. But Ms Taylor said she has wrecked her confidence and left her facing more expensive treatment to restore her appearance.
She said: 'I went to have it done for pure vanity reasons and it left me scared of leaving the house for people seeing what I looked like.
'There was offer on tooth whitening and it sounded like a good deal so I went along and didn't even think about what could go wrong.
'Half way through everything started to feel sore and sensitive. I didn't know how it was supposed to feel but I could tell it wasn't right.
'Two weeks later I was still on painkillers and when I went to the dentist he said there was nothing he could do but take my teeth out.'

Source: DailyMail

3 comments:

  1. Aww...so much for beauty moves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how many people she has deceived in the past

    ReplyDelete