Monday 14 September 2015

Man quits job in order to train for and break ‘selfie’ record

Bhanu Prakash taking a selfie
Bhanu Prakash, 24, from India has quit his job as a research assistant at the hospital in Hyderabad, in order to practice for and break the Guinness Word Record for the highest number of selfies taken within a specific time. According to him, “I wanted to focus on breaking the record. I worked there for five months. But when my application got accepted, I decided to quit. My work hours were 10 am to 6 pm and that wouldn’t leave me much time for practice,” explains Bhanu, whose “day begins and ends with a selfie”.Bhanu says his love for selfies began 3 years ago when his brother gifted him a smartphone with front camera on this birthday. His application for the record was inspired by the achievements of Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, who took 105 selfies in three minutes in May. The current world record holder is American football player Patrick Peterson, who managed to take 1,449 selfies in one hour.
Bhanu has been exercising his arms and wrists to get the perfect stability to take a picture. He is only comfortable clicking pictures with his right hand. “I have managed to click 1,700 selfies in an hour already. I am sure I can click 1,800 too.”
Initiailly apprehensive, Bhanu's family now supports his dream. He will formally attempt to break the world record on Sept. 18.

4 comments:

  1. if that is his passion....

    ReplyDelete
  2. But those with record have a proper job! what would he do after? open a selfie school???

    ReplyDelete
  3. September 18....we wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. quitting his job sounds like a dumb move

    ReplyDelete