Friday 21 August 2015

Man parks his Cessna plane in his driveway

Guretzky in front of his controversial plane                 (C)MyFoxNY
Harold Guretzky, 69, who lives in Oceanside has gotten some of his neighbours on his tail after parking his Cessna plane in his driveway in order to avoid paying the $150 monthly parking fee at the airport. According to them, the aircraft is a nuisance and is dangerous for children. Guretzky was said to have told his neighbours, ‘I'm going through a divorce, I can't afford to keep it at the airport'.
Guretzky had earlier lost his student-pilot license for health reasons and thus had the Cessna transported from Republic Airport over a month ago. “I didn’t want to keep paying if I couldn’t fly, so I moved it to my driveway,” he said.

Ariel view of the plane parked in Guretzky's driveway  (C)myfoxatlanta.com
However, this cost saving move is about to backfire as it is being reported that Guretzky has already been hit with summons from the Town of Hempstead Buildings Department that could run as high at $2,500. He can only keep the plane at home legally if he got a variance from the local zoning board but the Buildings department deputy has said “He doesn’t have a permit to do it”.
“If people can have their boats in their driveway, why can’t I have my plane?’’ Guretzky argued.



3 comments:

  1. But he has a point.....what is the difference between parking a boat and parting a plane?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He would probably have to remove the plane at some point...nut i hope he doesnt pay a dime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rich people's problems, lol, I don't know where to park my plane!

    ReplyDelete