Saturday 25 July 2015

Hulk Hogan fired by WWE, removes all traces of him on website in the wake of racism scandal


The World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) has released a statement on Friday confirming the termination of Hulk Hogan’s contract: 

WWE terminated its contract with Terry Bollea (aka Hulk Hogan). WWE is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide.

                                                                                                                (C)FlickeringMyth
 Terry Bollea, popularly known as ‘Hulk Hogan’, apparently made racist comments about Rock and black wrestlers which was captured on a sex tape that has been the center of an invasion-of-privacy lawsuit against Gawker Media. Hogan has since apologized in a statement to People magazine saying:
 “Eight years ago I used offensive language during a conversation. It was unacceptable for me to have used that offensive language; there is no excuse for it; and I apologize for having done it
“This is not who I am. I believe very strongly that every person in the world is important and should not be treated differently based on race, gender, orientation, religious beliefs or otherwise
“I am disappointed with myself that I used language that is offensive and inconsistent with my own beliefs.”

2 comments: